Friday, May 4, 2012


So a little blurb about me. I'm married to my sweetheart for the past 23 years. Have two grown children who don't even reside in the same city that we do. Lots of travel! Homeschooled those two children for over 12 years. I've been a middle school librarian for the last 8 years. I really like it and the fact that I get to be around books a lot. I'm a little gung ho on getting kids to read. So I read a lot of what they are reading and I've gotten hooked. I love to talk to them about the books and surprisingly they like talking about them back. I think they find it surprising that I'm reading what they are. I even like to recommend books to them. So that's what this blog is going to be about. Books I've read. I'm a little quirky, just ask my middle schoolers.
Just finished a really good read, Dust Lands Blood Red Road by Moira Young. Wonderful... Watch out Hunger Games (and yes I'm a huge fan of that series) here comes something to read next and the movie rights have been optioned already I hear. I'm a huge fan of the dystopian/post apocalyptic genre as I call it. I even have a little clique going at school. Yes I have groupies or followers or whatever. I've created a list and read most of them. Working on the ones that I haven't. So check back.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment